Tuesday Cross from EAGLES OF DEATH METAL has emerged from a coma after two months and has reunited with her fiancée, EODM frontman Jesse Hughes

According to a Billboard report dated March 22, Hughes hadn’t seen Cross for 51 days due to being involved in a legal battle with her estranged mother over the details of her health care and her power of attorney.

However, on March 8, Cross awoke from her coma and Hughes was granted his first visit with his fiancée on March 15 after a judge ruled he could see her.

“I never gave up on her because I always had a feeling that one day she would wake up,” the EAGLES OF DEATH METAL frontman says. “At least she’s alive. She is lucid, and she understands when I talk to her.”

He adds, “Everything I had been through was worth it. It was immediately worth it, all of it. She is with me now. When Tuesday recognized me, it was the best moment of my life. [She’s] the only thing that matters.”

Earlier this month, Hughes claimed he had been prevented from seeing Cross, whose real name is Marina Cardenas, amidst trying to figure out the next steps for her best care. The EAGLES OF DEATH METAL bassist/keyboardist had been in a vegetative state for about six weeks after an apparent asthma attack sent her into cardiac arrest.

“The love of my life is going to die,” Hughes told Billboard at the time. “I believe the hospital wants to end her life. She deserves to live. What if she never wakes up? What if I can’t ever talk to her again? The hospital made up their minds long ago that they didn’t want to treat her.”

After her initial hospitalization, Hughes said that Tuesday‘s mother, Maria Gaytan, agreed to allow him to direct her path of care. In a court filing, a text message Gaytan sent to Hughes reads, “Just called [the hospital] to let them know that you will be making decisions since she has been living with you for the last 13 years and practically married and that you will speak to me before consenting anything.”

Gaytan then reportedly informed the hospital on February 1st that she didn’t want Hughes to be the sole individual making all the decisions for Cross at which point the hospital put her in charge.

The EAGLES OF DEATH METAL frontman went on to claim that the hospital didn’t inform him of the change in power and also claimed a June 2021 document signed by Cross gave him power of attorney over Tuesday‘s health care.

Tuesday Cross is still hospitalized at this point and unable to speak. A new court hearing is set for  April 22.

EAGLES OF DEATH METAL are an American rock band known for their high-energy performances and infectious sound who emerged from Palm Desert, California. Formed in 1998 by childhood friends Jesse Hughes and Josh Homme, the band initially began as a side project, blending elements of garage rock, blues, and punk.

Hughes, also known as “Boots Electric,” and guitarist Homme, who gained fame as the founding member of QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, served as the core members of the band. Over the years, EODM featured various talented musicians in their lineup.

In 2004, they released their debut album, “Peace, Love, Death Metal,” which showcased their raw and raucous style. It was followed by “Death by Sexy” in 2006, further solidifying their reputation as purveyors of infectious rock tunes. The band’s subsequent releases included “Heart On” in 2008 and “Zipper Down” in 2015.

With their distinctive blend of catchy hooks, gritty riffs, and tongue-in-cheek lyrics, EAGLES OF DEATH METAL have captivated audiences worldwide, carving their own niche in the rock music scene.